Monastiraki. Named after the church of 11th century that is still there, one of the hotspots of Athens. Today every newbie in Athens gets his first step there, at the paved square. Also, the view from A-for-Athens terrace is another famous spot of the city.
So, what else you can do there?
- Enjoy an A for Athens drink-view- experience
- Experience your bargains talent with local merchants. How good are you?
- Explore local street-fruit
- Explore the Ottoman Mosque opposite the metro station- today a museum
- Get lost at Plaka following Pandrosou or Psirri area
Amazing Bargain Tips
Outside the station there is Athens Flea Market. It may seem a bit primitive as a western market, looks maybe even “arabic” style (like the coffee) but don’t forget: please don’t be rude with people there and dont show over-confident. Nobody likes to be behaved with arrogance, especially people who work all day…. Enjoy your bargain walk in Athens.
Also take advantage of the fact that fruits there is fresh, so dont be hesitant to try.
Most important: Be careful of people who are too “warm” to help you….. There are many bad incidents that took place.